Steepy, Craig Ryan
Society of American Armigers Registry No.: AA0026
Registration Date: 10 January 2018
Heraldic Artist: Mary Denton
Armiger: Craig Steepy of Chehalis, Washington, USA
* The following blazon and/or emblazonment are certified by the armiger to be his/her original (or inherited) lawful property.
- Arms: Per bend Azure and Sanguine, a bend Argent, in sinister chief three ancient ploughs in pale proper, in dexter base an oak tree eradicated proportional of the third.
- Crest: Above the shield sets a helmet with a mantling Azure doubled Argent and on a wreath of the liveries set for crest, a tun fesswise proper draped with grape vines leaved proper fructed Purpure.
- Motto: Quaerere Eam, Consequentes (Seek it out, Pass it on)
The Arms were inspired by the original Arms of Richard Steepy (1749-1836) who was both a farmer and a member of the New Jersey Militia during the 1790’s. The armiger's Arms were modified in the dexter base with a change in tincture to Sanguine (meaning blood red) and symbolizing family blood lines and the addition of the Oak Tree signifying the armiger's role as the family genealogist.
The Crest: The barrel and grape vines symbolize one of the armiger's other passions as a vintner and a connoisseur of red wine.
- American College of Heraldry, Reg. No. 3519
- 21 December 2012: Registration No. 0244 (Vol.2), The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms.
- International Society of Commoners Heraldry (Facebook group)
|AA0025 ← | AA0026 | → AA0028|