O'Connor, Christopher Liam
Society of American Armigers Registry No.: AA0008
Registration Date: 14 March 2017
Armiger: Christopher Liam O'Connor of Tennessee, USA
* The following blazon and/or emblazonment are certified by the armiger to be his/her original (or inherited) lawful property.
- Arms: Per chevron Azure and Vert a chevron between three oak leaves bendwise sinister Argent.
- Crest: A sinister cubit arm the hand holding a Model 1805 Harper's Ferry flintlock pistol all Proper.
- Motto: Persistere Per Fortitudinem
The colors and field division are suggestive of the 172nd Infantry arms of the Vermont Army National Guard, the Green Mountain Boys – in which the armiger served. As well as a connection to Norwich University, from where the armiger graduated. Azure for patriotism in defense of one's native land, Vert for Military Police service, and Argent for truth, eloquence, and modern technology, which are all elements of the armiger's character.
The chevron is representative of protection, leadership, and accomplishment. It also alludes to the armiger's non-commissioned officer rank.
The oak leaves are also derivatives of the oak tree element of the O'Connor arms from Ireland. The armiger had served in the three components of the United States Army: the Regular Army, the Army Reserve, and the Army National Guard.
In the crest, the 1805 Harper's Ferry pistol represents the armiger’s Military Police service. Since the armiger is left-handed, the pistol is grasped by a sinister cubit arm.
- 13 November 2015, Registration No. 20151113A, U.S.Heraldic Registry
- 11 March 2016, Registration No. 0387 (Vol.3), The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms
|AA0007 ← | AA0008 | → AA0009|