Krouse, Dr. Chad M.
Society of American Armigers Registry No.: AA0076
Registration Date: 7 May 2020
Heraldic Artist: Quentin Peacock
Armiger: Dr. Chad M. Krouse of Glen Allen, Virginia, USA
* The following blazon and/or emblazonment are certified by the armiger to be his/her original (or inherited) lawful property.
- Arms: Per chevron gules and barry wavy argent and azure, in chief two dogwood flowers (cornus florida) proper and in base a cross of Saint Chad of the first.
- Crest: A cardinal’s head erased clutching in its beak a Madonna lily (lilium candidum) seeded proper.
- Motto: Ich Mache Rechte
- Badge: Three Madonna lillies (lilium candidum) seeded proper enfiled by a coronet of dogwood flowers (cornus florida) and fleurs-de-lis Or. (see Other Items & Honors below)
The main charge, the cross of Saint Chad, refers to the armiger's patron saint, St. Chad of Litchfield and his pursuit of religious studies. The dogwood flowers are from the state flower of Virginia, the armiger's home state. The barry wavy represent the waters where the armiger and his family enjoy many hours of fishing in states of Virginia and West Virginia, also represented by the red of the shared state bird in crest, the Northern Cardinal (cardinalis cardinalis). The Madonna lilly in the crest represents the armiger's devotion to Our Lady as found in his favorite depiction, Our Lady of Walsingham.
The motto honors the armiger's German heritage.
- 2 September 2014: Committee on Heraldry, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- 4 February 2015 Registration No. 20150204G, U.S. Heraldic Registry.
- 9 May 2020: The International Register of Arms, Registration No. 0550 (Vol.4)
Other Interpretations of the Blazon
|Full achievement by Quentin Peacock|
Other Items & Honors
|Badge: Three Madonna lillies (lilium candidum) seeded proper enfiled by a coronet of dogwood flowers (cornus florida) and fleurs-de-lis Or. Artist: Quentin Peacock|
|Standard: The armiger's standard as emblazoned by Quentin Peacock. On the fly, the arms; followed by the badge, the crest, and the badge, with the motto 'Ich Mache Rechte'.|
|AA0075 ← | AA0076 | → AA0077|