Henderson, Mark Anthony
Society of American Armigers Registry No.: AA0002
Registration Date: 25 February 2017
Date Assumed: October 2014
Heraldic Artist: Ljubodrag Grujic
Armiger: Mark Anthony Henderson of Virginia, USA
* The following blazon and/or emblazonment are certified by the armiger to be his/her original (or inherited) lawful property.
- Arms: Sable three chevronels issuing from sinister braced Or, on a chief Argent a lion rampant between two fleurs-de-lis Gules.
- Crest: On a wreath of the colors a long-eared owl close guardant grasping in its dexter talons a sword enflamed proper.
- Motto: Virtus et Victoria
- Badge: Lying on an annulet a compass rose of eight points the cardinals being greater the North terminating in a fleur-de-lis Or surmounted by a rampant lion winged Gules.
Arms: The chevronels are emblematic of the armiger's 22 year career as a non-commissioned officer in the US Army. The black of the shield and the gold of the chevronels symbolizes his military career in the US Army.
The two fleurs-de-lis are a nod to his mother’s maiden name of Lilly who were French Huguenots who fled to County Antrim, Northern Ireland and then to America. The lion rampant is a nod to his distant Scottish genealogical past (17th Century arrival in America) on his father’s side. The argent symbolizes the peace and sincerity of his family. The red represents the fortitude and blood of his family.
Crest: The Owl symbolizes the wise warrior. It represents the armiger's academic achievements and his status in the airborne infantry as well as his love of aviation. The flaming sword symbolizes his first combat experience as a squad leader with the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment.
Badge: The compass rose represents the his love of navigation and travel. The winged lion represents the his namesake of St. Mark.
- 17 December 2014: Registration number 20141217B, United States Heraldic Registry.
- 13 June 2015: Registration No. 0336 (Vol.2), The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms.
- 23 June 2017: Heraldry of the World under Mark Henderson
- International Association of Amateur Heralds (IAAH), as Fellow
Other Interpretations of the Blazon
|Artist: Allen Crawford||Artist: Sivane Saray||Artist: Hector Rojas|
Other Items & Honors
|Badge: Lying on an annulet a compass rose of eight points the cardinals being greater the North terminating in a fleur-de-lis Or surmounted by a rampant lion winged Gules.
The compass rose represents the his love of navigation and travel. The winged lion represents the his namesake of St. Mark.
|AA0001 ← | AA0002 | → AA0003|