Cohen, Michael Joseph
Society of American Armigers Registry No.: AA0054
Registration Date: 10 December 2018
Date Assumed: 19 November 2014
Heraldic Artist: Mischa Spreeuwers
Armiger: Michael Joseph Cohen of Clifton, New Jersey, USA
* The following blazon and/or emblazonment are certified by the armiger to be his/her original (or inherited) lawful property.
- Arms: Azure a Biblical priestly breastplate proper with two chain links on each upper corner Or embellished of twelve precious stones arranged four rows and in chief two coronets Or.
- Crest: On a wreath Azure and Or, an eagle head erased Azure beaked Or.
- Mantling: Azure doubled Or.
The two coronets represent the armiger’s hereditary priestly lineage and rabbinical ordination, both metaphorically referred to as crowns in the Talmud (corpus of ancient Jewish wisdom). Moreover, the coronets additionally represent the armiger’s marriage into the family of the legendary King Saul Wahl Katzenellenbogen who was “rex pro tempore” of Poland in 1587. The breastplate further symbolizes the armiger’s priestly status as a direct descendant of the biblical Aaron. Crest: The eagle head, a common Germanic symbol, denotes the armigers historical ties to Austria from which his family hailed from prior to America.
- U.S. Heraldic Registry No.: 20150215G.
- Jewish Heraldic Society, No. 41
|AA0053 ← | AA0054 | → AA0055|