Baker, Anna Gabrielle
Society of American Armigers Registry No.: AA0067
Registration Date: 12 April 2019
Heraldic Artist: Dr. Joseph Crews
Armiger: H.R.H. Princess Anna Gabrielle Baker of Hawaii, USA
* The following blazon and/or emblazonment are certified by the armiger to be his/her original (or inherited) lawful property.
- Arms: Azure, St. Martin of Tours, wearing a legionnaire helm robed and plumed Gules mounted on a horse Argent, holding in his dexter hand a sword fesswise his sinister hand holding the robe while slicing it with his sword. At his feet, a destitute beggar, Proper, holding his dexter had up to receive the piece of robe. In chief, three fleurs-de-lys Argent all within a single tressure Argent, mounted on a medallion of Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Kalakaua.
- Crest: A Hawaiian owl close guardant proper.
- Motto: Ad Gratium Dei (By the Grace of God)
The Arms are an inheritance of the late H.E. Manuel Gonzalez Martin, Knight Commander of the Royal Order of Kalakaua, father of H.R.H. Princess Anna Gabrielle Baker. A true Renaissance Man, he was a classical musican, pilot, and matador. The surname of the Martin line is of French origin, so the shield is based on the legend of St. Martin of Tours. St. Martin was a knight of the Roman Cavalry, and a christian. In France he encountered a destitute beggar, and cut his own knight's cloak in half with his sword and gave half to the beggar to cover his nakedness. St. Martin later entered the Church and rose to be the Bishop of Tours, France. The three fleur de lys come from the arms of the city of Tours.
Other Items & Honors
|H.R.H. Princess Anna of Hawai'i was bestowed the title and honor of Dame Grand Cross of the Most Honorable Order of Omukama Chwa II Kabalega, Bunyoro-Kitara.|
|H.R.H. Princess Anna of Hawai'i was bestowed the Medal of Merit by His Holiness Ignace Joseph III Younan, Primate of the Syriac Catholic Church, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East.|
|H.I.H. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna has conferred upon Princess Anna Baker, the right to wear the red copper medal "In Commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of the House of Romanov 1613-2013"|
|These are the Royal Orders of Hawai'i for which H.R.H. Princess Anna is the Chancellor, and recipient of Dame Grand Cross of each.|
|Royal Order of The Crown
(Hawaii Ke Kalaunu e Hookanaka) Founded by King Kamehameha III as Order of the Crown and Cross in July 1848. Revised and expanded by King Kalakaua on Sept 12, 1882 "for recompense of distinguished merit and services rendered to the state or the sovereign". It became obsolete in 1893 and re-established in 2016 by HRH Prince Darrick of Hawaii as Grandmaster.
|Royal Order of Kamehameha
The Order was established in 1865 by King Kamehameha V in memory of his grandfather King Kamehameha I and in commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Kingdom of Hawaii. The Order was granted to both Native Hawaiians and foreigners for distinguished service to the King and the people of Hawaii. Upon it's inception, it became the first Knightly Order of the Kingdom of Hawaii actually awarded, although the Royal Order of the Cross and Crown was established by King Kamehameha III in 1848 but not awarded until much later. Re-established in 2016 by HRH Prince Darrick of Hawaii as Grandmaster.
|Royal Order of the Star of Oceania
(Ka Hoku O Osiania) founded in 1886 by King David Kalakaua for the recompense of distinguished services rendered in advancing his plan for a confederation of Polynesain nations, islands of the Pacific and Indian Oceans and on the contiguous Continents. Re-established in 2016 by HRH Prince Darrick of Hawaii as Grandmaster.
|Royal Order of Kalakaua
(Kalakaua I e Hookanaka) was instituted in 1875 by King Kalakaua to commemorate his accession to the throne of the Kingdom of Hawaii in 1874. This Order was granted to both native Hawaiians and foreigners for superlative service to the monarch and to the Kingdom. It was last conferred by Queen Liliuokalani in 1892 and in 1893 the order became obsolete. Re-established in 2016 by HRH Prince Darrick of Hawaii as Grandmaster.
|Royal Order of Kapiolani
(Kapiolani e Hookanaka) was instituted in 1880 by King Kalakaua to recognize services in the cause of humanity, for merit in Science and the Arts, or for special services rendered to the Kingdom of Hawaii. He named the order in honor of his wife, Queen Kapiolani, who was the namesake of Chiefess Kapiolani, an early proponent of Christianity in the Hawaiian islands. This Order was awarded 177 times by his successor, Queen Liliuokalani. The last award of the Order was in 1892. In 1893 the order became Obsolete. Re-established in 2016 by HRH Prince Darrick of Hawaii as Grandmaster.
|More information is available at Official Website of the Royal House of Hawaii|
Notes & References
- Anna Gabrielle Baker is married to Darrick Lane Hoapili Liloa Kamakahelei Baker who is a direct descendant of the Royal Kings of Hawai'i (Ali'i nui). As such is styled as Prince (Ali'i) as a member of a former ruling family. He is considered a pretender to the throne of Hawaii (a pretender is an aspirant or claimant to a throne that either has been abolished, suspended, occupied or usurped by another). Prince Darrick is Head of the Royal House of Kamakahelei. Anna is styled as Princess.
|AA0066 ← | AA0067 | → AA0068|